Friday, April 28, 2017

Living in Japan- Pt. 1

So Japan holds a really special place in my heart. I met James there, we had our first place together, and Emmett was born there. We traveled a lot and saw a lot of amazing things there. If I ever have the chance to go back, I'd be gone before you could blink. We lived there for 2 years and it was some of the best 2 years of my life. Living in a totally different country might make some people step back, but it was absolutely fantastic. Here are a couple of pictures from some of the place we went!

This is the Chicken Shack! It was one of our favorite places to eat. Our favorite was the chicken on a stick! It is a quiet little place, but oh so beautiful! 


This is from the Yamato Museum! We took my mother in law there when she came to visit! 


Mu Valley was an interesting little place. No one there spoke English and we didn't know a lick of Japanese. They handed us a map and a compass and pointed to a door. It was a little maze in this mountain and you had to find your way through. Since there was one door in and one door out, we managed quite well. 


The Hiroshima Botanical Garden. I was obsessed with this place! 


This is one of the statues we saw on a hike in Mitaki! We hopped the train out of Iwakuni, got off at a stop with no signs and then wandered down the road until we landed smack in the middle of it. If I could have taken of a picture of every statue we would have been there for hours! This was also the place we went hiking right after I got my wisdom teeth out. 


The Glass Castle. P.S. there is no castle. They do however sell a large and rather beautiful assortment of beads! If any place in Japan was the most interesting, this one takes the cake. 


Asa zoo. I can't help but share the elephants! 


No comments:

Post a Comment