Miya Jima is a little island that is full of food, fun, and deer. In order to get there you had to take a ferry across. On the way you could see the cormorants in the water, the Torii gate, amd when it was warm people kayaking. Now back to the deer. There are so many wild roaming deer there! You had to be really careful or else they would try and steal your food, which we learned the hard way they like fries and ice cream. There was also cute little aquarium where the tops of most of the tanks were at eye level so you could look over into the tank. We spent a lot of time here too. We did go to one festival called Walk on Fire and it was so neat to see and participate in. People would wright their prayers on a thin piece of wood, which they then threw into the fire. The priests were also blessing items that people would bring up and my husband stood in line for ages waiting to get his sunglasses (of all things!) blessed. He then lost them later!



Funny story about this one! My brother in law got me a picture frame for Christmas last year and the stock picture in it looked so familiar. To the point that I HAD TO KNOW where it came from. As it turns out, it was almost this exact picture. For a moment I thought someone ripped off my picture and sold it to World Market!
Here I am walking through fire! The small rock I stepped on once I got done walking hurt more than the ashes!
No comments:
Post a Comment